Euan Mearns has an excellent post up at The Oil Drum: Europe, The Chinese Coal Monster, which I highly recommend. The piece is, as you can guess from the title, a look at the statistics of China’s coal production and consumption, with what seems to be a good explanation for the rise of China’s coal imports even though they are self-sufficient.
- China’s consumer class
- The battle over CO2 emissions
- China’s oil consumption
- Welcome to our coal-fired future
- The IEA and the future of carbon capture
- Doc alert: IEA’s Energy Technologies Perspectives
- The water footprint of carbon capture